It’s been a while since posting one of my recipes. I have been experimenting with different recipes and after discovering that I am gluten and lactose intolerant let’s just say fixing my favorite meals has required a bit of an adjustment. This one was a winner!
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (Mild)
- 5 ½ cups of dried black eye peas
- 1 chopped organic onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 chopped sausages from Parks Finest No nitrate/nitrite signature Seasoning (optional)
- 2 radishes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea Salt, Creole seasoning Tony Chachere’s
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2-1 cup of organic chicken broth
Place washed peas in 5 cups of water and boil. Add peppers, onion, radish, garlic, and rotel tomatoes. Cook until soft but not mushy. Add seasoning as desired.